My Favorite Quote of the day

All Life is an Experiment. The more you make the better it becomes.................... Ralph Waldo Emerson



Friday, June 25, 2010

Ex-student of IISB tops AMU exam

http://arabnews.com/saudiarabia/article72815.ece

By ARAB NEWS

Published: Jun 25, 2010 00:21 Updated: Jun 25, 2010 00:21


BURAIDAH: A former student of the International Indian School Buraidah (IISB), Sameera Qidwai, topped the B.Sc (Geology) Honors examination at Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) in Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh, India, and secured a gold medal.

“It is not easy to win a gold medal from a prestigious educational institution like the AMU,” she said. “But because I gave my full concentration to my studies, I fared so well.”

Qidwai, who is planning to come to the Kingdom to meet her parents, attributed her success to God, her parents, and teachers of the Buraidah school who helped her build up a strong educational foundation during her studies till Grade X at the school.

School Managing Committee Chairman Kaunain Shahidi expressed his happiness about the excellent academic achievements of present and former students and gave credit to the learning environment at the school.

“I would like to complete my master’s and would like to contribute positively through geology to my country India and my second home Saudi Arabia,” said Qidwai.

“You have to believe that you can do it, believe firmly in yourself and your will power and self-confidence will finally lead you to success.”

No comments:

Post a Comment